Thursday 19 December 2013

Review: SEPHORA COLLECTION Desert Sunset Eyeshadow and Blush Palette

As a kid, don't you just love receiving art sets that had crayons, oil pastels, markers, watercolor, glitter glue, color pencils and some more art tools. I remember attending kiddie parties with my siblings and bringing home at least 2 of those. Now that I'm older, makeup palettes have replaced those sets.

I got the Sephora Collection Desert Sunset Eyeshadow from Makeup Haul PH on Instagram. I was looking for a palette that I could use when traveling and this palette is just perfect. It's really compact and it's great for traveling. I love that it has a mix of shimmery and matte colors that are perfect for day to night looks.




According to the website:
What it is:
A palette of 12 fashionable and flattering eye shadows, perfectly paired with a pink blush and a glowing bronzer. 


The product is actually cheap at $16 and I'm surprised about the pigmentation, I'm also surprised that it's not chalky. I tried to wear this out with no primer and it lasted me almost 4 hours without creasing.The packaging is simple, it's just a hard cardboard sealed with a magnet. The shimmery shades are very pigmented without looking too messy. The three colors on the third row are my favorite. The third color is actually a dark emerald green with gold shimmers to it. The gold and bronze shades also look great and the colors remind me of the Naked 2 palette. The matte shades weren't as pigmented though, especially the light pink color. I was hesitant about the blush because it had shimmers, but the shimmers were subtle and it gave a dewy glow, it was a perfect natural bronze and it didn't look orangey. The blush wasn't as pigmented. 



 Swatches:


Some of the colors are actually more vibrant in person. The camera wasn't doing any justice.
 These were taken without primer and under natural day light.
Pros:
  • Cheaper than most Sephora palettes
  • Pigmentation is great
  • Mirror included is useful
  • Not chalky
  • Formulated without parabens, sulfates and phthalates
Cons:
  • Only available online
  • Limited looks can be created
Will I repurchase? No, but I'd love to try other Sephora Collection palettes.

Overall: This is a really great palette especially for beginners, but I wouldn't repurchase. If you're looking for something good to invest on, this isn't the palette for you.


I also got this as a freebie



*Disclaimer: This isn't a sponsored review, this review is based on my opinion. Everything was bought with my money. I am not in any way affiliated with the company and/or store.*


No comments:

Post a Comment